Publishing Twice a Week
The Macdonald Notebook is your source for exclusive Business & Inside Politics publishing every Saturday and Sunday.
Sep 5, 2021 | Business
Aug 15, 2021 | Business
Aug 14, 2021 | Business
Jul 25, 2021 | Business
May 1, 2021 | Business
Dec 18, 2020 | Business
Dec 13, 2020 | Business
Dec 11, 2020 | Business
Aug 14, 2020 | Business
Michelle Strum realized early on the education and experience she wanted in life wouldn’t come from a classroom.
She grew up in Mahone Bay, and after she graduated high school she went straight to Australia on a student work-abroad visa. This was where her love of hostels began.
“I just loved where I was staying when I travelled. I’m a big picture and a political person. I love to see the world globally, and how systems interact,” says Strum, owner of Halifax’s Backpackers Hostel and the associated Alteregos Café & Catering.
Articles by Topic
- Cabot Links (142)
- Chester Notes (52)
- Electric vehicles Feature (11)
- Halifax Downtown Grocer Wars: Arthur's Takes On Pete's (4)
- Lunch With Alison (41)
- Maritime Business (43)
- Millennial Entrepreneurs (40)
- NSLC (1)
- NSLC/Craft Beer/NS Wines (105)
- opinion (2)
- Pasta Primavera's Yarmouth Creation (12)
- Restaurants (62)
- Schmidtville Proposed Tree Massacre (22)
- Sean Sears: Columnist (23)
- The Donair Features (14)
- Tom Peters' Golf Tour (18)
- Women In Non-Traditional Occupations (5)