The Macdonald Notebook Terms & Conditions
April 21, 2017 The terms of this Agreement and any rules or guidelines published on www.themacdonaldnotebook.ca (collectively referred to as the “The Website”) constitute the entire agreement (“Agreement”) between The Macdonald Notebook and you (“Subscriber” or “You”) with respect to the subscription service provided.
- UPDATES TO TERMS. The Macdonald Notebook may change the terms of the Agreement including, without limitation, the fees for The Website or for any information products on The Website at any time upon notice published on The Website. You may review the Agreement applicable to your then current use by clicking the “Subscription Terms” link on the home page.
- CHANGES. The Macdonald Notebook may discontinue or revise any and all aspects of The Website or any of the information products on The Website at its sole discretion and without prior notice. In no event will The Macdonald Notebook be responsible for refunding any prepaid fees.
- ACCESS. In no event shall The Macdonald Notebook be liable for any damages caused by the inability of the Subscriber to access The Website as a result of network or server downtime, transmission problems or otherwise. The Macdonald Notebook will make every effort to ensure the uninterrupted operation of The Website but does not guarantee the uptime of The Website.
- SUBSCRIPTION REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY. Any subscription cancelled will receive a refund for all remaining (unused) weeks . No refund will be given for any used weeks of a subscription. Refunds will be processed within three business days.
- GENERAL. This Agreement is personal to You and is not transferable to any other party. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Macdonald Notebook with respect to The Website and may be amended as noted above by The Macdonald Notebook.
- COPYRIGHT. All information available through The Website is protected by copyright and other relevant intellectual property laws. You may display and print information obtained through The Website solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell, publish, or circulate information obtained through The Website without express written consent of The Macdonald Notebook.
- SECURITY. Violations of this Agreement include, but are not limited to, any attempt to avoid user authentication, accessing content that is not intended for guests, logging into an account that is not yours, or attempting to breach the security of any host or network related to The Website.
- RESTRICTIONS. The Subscriber is responsible to ensure that they take all necessary precautions to maintain the security of their account and that their account credentials are not accessed or used by a third party. The Subscriber is also responsible to ensure that any information available through The Website that is stored for their own personal, non-commercial use is done so on a secure device and that such information is not accessible by non-Subscribers.
- SUBSCRIPTION FEE. Every Subscriber is responsible for all charges incurred while their password and/or username is being used. Each Subscriber is responsible for sales, use or similar taxes relating to the use of The Macdonald Notebook accessed through their password and/or username. All fees charged to the credit card registered by the Subscriber with The Macdonald Notebook are the responsibility of said Subscriber. The acceptance of this Agreement represents the Subscriber’s authorization to The Macdonald Notebook to make those charges.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Process subscriptions and to send information and updates pertaining to subscriptions.
- We may also send you emails updating you on the publication of new stories and reports, generally on a weekly basis.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or request a cancellation of your subscription, you can contact us and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.